Monday 1 November 2010

books

I've just finished reading another two books. Neither of them Cecelia Ahern as someone else has borrowed it at the library.

Rosie by Alan Titchmash. It's the first book I've read by Titchmarsh and I really enjoyed his writing style. It made me want to read more of his books. It also made me want to visit the Isle of Wight.

It's about a guy, Nick, that has a grandmother that get's into trouble occasionally, because she doesn't act her age. The grandmother comes to visit and wants to help her Nick find a girlfriend, while Nick helps his grandmother find out about her past.

Although like many other books you can kind of guess what's going to happen at the end, but there were a lot of questions that didn't get answered until the end, which made it exciting to read. There were also quite a few surprises.


The other book I just read is The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks. I have also seen the film based on this book, and I think for the first time ever I don't hate the film after reading the book! I think it's because it's not really a very long book so they actually had enough time in the film to get most of the book in. Although I do want to say that if you like the film you should read the book as it kind of make you understand a little bit more  of it, after all; there are a few things that's not in the film.

I want to read Sparks' other books as well now. My list of authors I want to read is getting rather long.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...