Saturday 8 December 2012

Tell it to the Bees

Tell it to the Bees
By: Fiona Shaw

Outer back cover: Lydia Weekes is distraught at the break-up of her marriage. When her young son Charlie makes friends with the town's doctor, Jean Markham, her life is turned upside down.
Charlie tells his secrets to no one but the bees, but even he can't keep his mother's friendship to himself. The locals don't like things done differently. As Lydia and the doctor become closer, the rumours start to fly and threaten to shatter Charlie's world.

I actually only picked this book up because it had "Bees" in the title so that I could use it for the What's in a name challenge.

The book was very slow in the start, and through the whole book I kept mixing up Jean and Lydia so I often had to re-read things once I realized it was the other person than what I thought.

The book was okay. Once I got about halfway it started to get interesting, I wanted to find out what happened to Jean, Lydia and Charlie and how they dealt with the outside world. I found it quite realistic they way they had to "hide".

The most exciting parts of the book was the ones with Charlie's dad, Robert, especially towards the end of the book, he was a little bit scary and I never really knew what was going to happen when I read about him.

My favourite character in the book was Annie, I felt really sorry for her and would have loved to know what happened to her.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...