Monday 24 February 2014

1940's Weekend - Life on the Home Front

I usually walk past the Chesterfield Museum and Art Gallery every day on my way to work. 

As I walked past on Saturday I noticed some lovely 40's cars parked outside, I took some quick pictures but as I was heading to work I didn't have time to explore more. I was quite upset I didn't know about the exhibition that caused the cars to be there but it's only my own fault for not paying more attention to what goes on in town.


As soon as I got home from work Saturday night I found out that the exhibition was on for the whole weekend and as I was off on Sunday I decided to go then. 

Chesterfield Museum and Art Gallery is very small so it wasn't a huge exhibition but they did have a lot of interesting things concerning life on the Home Front in the 1940's. 


Unfortunately they didn't have as many of the gorgeous 40's cars outside on the Sunday so I didn't get any more pictures of them.


1 comment:

Felicity Grace Terry said...

I love anything like this. A fan of the 'old fashioned' museum in which everything was behind glass I adore so-called living museums like this even more as they bring history to life.

If ever you get to visit my corner of England you must let me take you to Beamish Museum.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...