Thursday 3 July 2014

Being brave

This morning started with Space Mountain!! I can't believe I actually went on it! People have been telling me how amazing it is, and I figured with it being my last day in Orlando I should give it a shot. 

I didn't like it. 

If I am going to go on a roller-coaster I prefer to see what's coming up, so I can mentally prepare for it. Space Mountain was all in the dark. 

The rest of the day was spent going back and forth between Magic Kingdom, Downtown Disney and Epcot, going on various rides in each park, just little ones, like Spaceship Earth, It's a Small World and the Haunted Mansion. It was a really nice chilled out day once I survived Space Mountain. I also posted my postcards in Magic Kingdom. I'm hoping they might get a special postage stamp on them that way.



I did consider going back to Universal for my last day, purely so I could have another Butterbeer. However, Disney has more parks I could go between if I wanted to, and more rides that I liked. Universal would be cheaper if I had wanted to buy anything though.

I've had a really nice time this week in Orlando. I really needed this holiday. I'm actually nice to people again! Although that probably won't last long once I get back to reality. 

One week has been enough for Orlando, especially at this time of year. It's just too hot and sticky. I've wanted to do more than I have done, but I've just had no energy thanks to the heat and humidity. All I've wanted to do is lie down and sleep all day. I have to remember to never come in the middle of summer again!!

Tempting to get in the water with him
Thanks to the heat and humidity I haven't eaten much while down here, so I've saved a fair bit of money. I've had money left on my budget every day, even after buying a couple of gifts.

Tomorrow I am flying up to Massachusetts, where I am staying a few days for a friend's wedding. I can't wait! 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...