Monday 27 December 2010

Lutefisk party

My mother's aunt was holding a lutefisk party today, with sausages and mash for those of us that doesn't like lutefisk. We've not really been to see that part of the family for about 10 years, we've only occasionally bump into each other, so it was lovely seeing almost all of them again.
I used to spend a lot of time with them before, when my great grandmother was alive, and before we moved to Oslo. I especially played with my mum's cousin Julie as she's only a few years older than me.
Julie is the main reason I wanted to go today, as I really wanted to see her again and meet her daughter, Sofie. Julie lives on New Zealand and I really hope I get to visit her there sometime, maybe when I go to Australia. Her partner Paul has already invited me to their house. Paul is a Kiwi. I talked quite a lot with him today. It was nice to talk to someone that I could ask all sorts of Australia questions to, and I also learned a lot about New Zealand, so I think it would be nice to go there as well.

It's hard to save all my money for Australia as I want to go everywhere else as well! I need to get a job ASAP where I earn enough to go travelling as much as I want and wherever I want!

I also watched that film "Dear John" today. Normally I like romantic films like that, but I think "Dear John" was a bit "slow" for my liking, although I might change my mind, I think I might have thought the same about "The Notebook" the first time I saw it.

1 comment:

That Dog Dancing Guy said...

Australia and New Zealand are both amazing countries, you should definitely head out this way! :)

What may I ask is Lutefisk?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...