Thursday 28 February 2013

Packed and ready to go!

It was both nice and sad to leave work and all my co-workers today. I have enjoyed most parts of my job and most of the people there, I hope I'm as lucky when I find something new in England.

Would you believe I didn't pack a single thing for my American Adventure until after work today?!

Admittedly I don't really own much, but it will be interesting to see if I'll have any overweight in my suitcase when I pack the last pieces tomorrow morning, or when I head home from the states, seeing as I am planning to take just a few more things to England with me when I move at the end of March.

I'll just have to try not to buy too much while I'm in the States.

Normally before I go somewhere I make a list of what I need to remember to pack, and what I have to remember to bring with me: Passport, tickets, bankcard, pyjamas... I didn't even do that this time! I just hope I remember everything!! I've already put my passport in my hand luggage, so at least I know that's sorted!

Since I usually just wear my work clothes all day most days unless I'm doing something after work, I hadn't realized just how few pieces of clothing I have! Not sure I have enough clothes to last me for two weeks!

I don't think it's quite hit me that I'm going to America... I started to realize it as I was packing today, but I don't think it will properly hit me until I'm actually there. It was the same with Australia. I think it hit me while I was sitting in the taxi from the airport, looking at the palm trees and what was supposed to be winter...

Only one more sleep until I get on that big metal bird and fly "back in time"!

This time tomorrow I will probably be having dinner with a friend I've known for about 10 years but never before met. I'll be in a new country, new continent. I'll spend two weeks seeing things and places I've never seen before, fill my camera with a heap of pictures and fill myself with new memories and experiences.

I love travelling!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...