Sunday 13 February 2011

It's Mother's Day in Norway today.

I cooked lasagna for tea today. I'm not writing the recipe down, because I didn't use one. And also because I used too much tomato paste.

The others didn't think it turned out too bad though I think, they helped themselves several times. I've not used tomato paste when I've made lasagna before, and I think that if I make it again I either won't use it, or use a lot less. Or maybe I'll just use one of those packets you can buy that you only need to add meat and whatever to... But that's not as fun as making something from scratch.

My mum and I have also been on a self-defense class this weekend. It was based on Krav Maga, a martial art from Israel. It was kind of fun, but at the same time I don't like to "fight" one-on-one. But I guess if I ever get attacked I know a little bit more about how to get away now. I hope I'll never need it of course.

Yesterday and the first half of today we learned techniques, and then as a kind of examination a guy came wearing loads of padding that we had to defend ourselves from. The guy that we were defending ourselves from is actually one of my neighbors!

It was really uncomfortable having to defend myself in front of all the others on the course. I don't like it when people are watching me. But of course it's better than to actually get attacked. I have no idea what I actually did when I was "attacked". I doubt I did the exact techniques, but how you do things isn't really what you think about when you're being attacked. I just did everything I could to get away, and it worked. But I hope I'll never have to use it in a real situation.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...