Wednesday 1 August 2012

Paris here I come!

I'm heading to Paris in the morning!!

I booked the ticket right after my friend's wedding in London. A friend, J, from Canada, that I met on my first day in Australia, is in Paris so we decided to meet up. I'm really looking forward to seeing her again, it's been over a year since last time I saw her, and who knows when we'll see each other next?

I'm really looking forward to seeing Paris as well of course. I have been there once before, over 10 years ago and I can't really remember much. I'm only going for a long weekend, and the plan is to go up the Eiffel tower and go to Versailles. I also just looked at the map to see where we are staying and we are really close to the Notre Dame! I have wanted to see the Notre Dame since I first saw the Hunchback of Notre Dame!

There are some downsides of going. One is that I'm not getting paid until Tuesday, so I'm getting short on money, but I've done some calculations and I should be all right, I usually always need less than I think anyway (touch wood). Another downside is that I have to get up at 02.45 tomorrow morning! That's too early! Even for me! I also booked the ticket with Ryanair and from an airport that's not the easiest to get to in the middle of the night, just because it was cheaper than getting it from Gardermoen. But after all of Ryanair's fees, the taxi to get the airport shuttle etc, it would just have been cheaper and heaps easier to just leave from Gardermoen. Oh well. You live and learn, at least now I know for next time. It will also be interesting to fly with Ryanair for the first time! I've not heard a single good thing about them!

But it's my friend J and PARIS!!! I don't care what I have to go through to get there, I'm going!! 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...