Sunday 14 April 2013

Robin Hood Inn Circular

I went on another walk today, I found this walk on the visit Chesterfield webpage as well. It was a very windy day today, I almost felt like I was going to fly away at some point! But it was a warm day, and with the exception of a little shower that lasted 10 minutes the weather was perfect. The walk is about 7km and it took me 1hour 50 minutes. I walked at a fairly leisurely pace and stopped to take a few pictures along the way.

The starting point is an Inn in the middle of nowhere on the way to Baslow, and since it's a circular walk this is of course also the finish point. The walk was really nice. I would recommend maybe getting a better map than the one on the webpage, but the one on the webpage works, I didn't feel like I was about to get lost at any point like I did on my last walk.


The walk is also really easy, a nice walk for someone that doesn't want any steep inclines. I do suggest wearing proper walking boots though, you go through a marsh at one point and also it's quite muddy in places, my trainers got rather dirty!


I had to walk through a field with highland cows, it was fun as I've never seen them that close before but at the same time I couldn't help but get a little worried when I saw the horns on those things!!


You pass a monument on the walk and if you want you can then head down to Baslow, finish the walk there or just have a bit to eat before getting back on the trail, I decided to just continue, I was a bit worried that if I went to Baslow I probably wouldn't get back on the trail, I'd just finish the walk there.


I would really like to do this walk again, I'd probably manage it without a map because it was so easy, although I'd still bring one just in case. When I finished the walk I also noticed that I could have just crossed the road and continued to Chatsworth, so that might be worth doing one day I feel like going for a very long walk.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...