Sunday 15 June 2014

Right to brag

Tell us about something you (or a person close to you) have done recently (or not so recently) that has made you really, unabashedly proud. - The Daily Post

I am incredibly proud of my little sister Caroline for having the courage to follow her dreams.

She has just finished a year as an exchange student at a high school in Wisconsin. I remember thinking about doing a year abroad when I was her age but I wasn't brave enough to travel alone until later. Caroline decided a long time ago that this was something she wanted to do, she worked hard, saved her money and did it!

In Norway she would still have one year left at school, but in America she was a senior and so she also got to have an American graduation ceremony, with the cape and hat. I wish I had been there to see it. Even at university level Norway doesn't have the whole hat and cape thing (Only a couple of them have started doing it in the last couple of years, by student request), so it was also a special experience for our mum and her husband who went to the ceremony.

She is now doing a coach trip from LA to New York to see more of America before going back to Norway. How I wish I could join her!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...