Sunday 11 December 2011

My weekend.

Well, it's been a busy week and a busy weekend. It's nice to have today to just relax and not do anything at all before it's back to work tomorrow.

On Friday The Mother, one of her friends, H, and I went into Brisbane. The Mother had a work Christmas do and after that we were all going out. We had booked a hotel room in the city so that we wouldn't have to worry about getting home in the middle of the night.
No, I do not get a sudden urge to jump!
We had a little bit of drama before we even got into town, H managed to leave her bag in the car! Luckily she noticed not long after we got on the train so we just got off after a couple of stations and thankfully someone brought it to us. We were just glad H realized early on the train and not as we got into the city or right before we were going out that night.

When we got into town we walked to the hotel, the Sebel, and left our stuff there while we went shopping. It was a nice hotel, good location and we got a very pretty apartment.
The Mother had to return some shoes, so our first stop was the shoe shop. Now I had brought with me a pair of shoes that I was going to wear that night, but I really wanted some higher heels as I was wearing a pencil skirt, and that really does look better with high heels. I found some shoes that I liked but most of them were really uncomfortable because my feet are quite wide. But in the end I found some glittery silver shoes. All I could say as I put them on was: "I'm tall!! I'm so tall!". I didn't really need them, but I've been wanting a pair of high heels for a while, just because I don't have any, so I bought them. I don't really wear heels, but at least now I know I have some when I "need" it. I originally wanted some black ones, because that goes with everything, but I like silver too.

We then went in some clothes shops. There are so many pretty dresses!! Especially when I don't need to buy one. If I had needed one I probably wouldn't have seen a single one that I liked! So, ummm, yeah, I bought a dress too.... I ended up with a whole new outfit for going out. I don't regret buying the dress, it's a nice simple black one, so I can use it again and again. And I have been wanting a little black dress for ages as well.
My new outfit!
We went back to the hotel room and The Mother got ready and left for her work party, while she was there H and I got ready to go out on the town and started the drinking. We stayed in the hotel room until The Mother got back, that way we didn't have to walk around in our heels for so long! The view from the hotel room balcony was even prettier at night!
We went to a pub near the hotel, Gillhooleys, and spent the rest of the night there, drinking and dancing to the live band, which was actually really good. I was quite proud of myself for managing to keep my shoes on and not falling over the whole night. It was nice to be so close to the hotel though as I could take my shoes off as soon as we got out of the pub and just walk barefoot back to the room.
On Saturday morning we all went to the Coffee Club near the hotel for breakfast. It was very nice. I would only go there occasionally though as it's not really the cheapest place in town!

I then helped The Mother and H to carry out things back to the train station, but The Mother took my things back home for me because I was staying in town to meet a friend.

My friend, M, was an au pair for the same family as me back in England. I was their first au pair and she was the third. We'd met a couple of times when I'd visited the family in England and we figured since we were both in Brisbane we should meet up. It was nice to see her again, even though we're not really very close or anything. It felt kind of strange to think that the last time we saw each other it was on the other side of the world. M has gotten a job in Brisbane so she'll be staying here for a while, so hopefully we can see each other again a few times before I leave Brisbane in January.

When I got back home I was only home for about an hour before The Mother and I went to a Christmas party at one of her friend's house, the same place I first met The Paramedic actually. We didn't really stay at that party for very long, both The Mother and I didn't really feel like drinking, so we just caught up with some people.... Well, she did, I just talked to some people I didn't know... And then we left. It was kind of nice as it meant I got a proper night's sleep tonight and I don't have to feel like I've been drinking all weekend.

1 comment:

Nicky said...

I approve of the dress, very nice! Erm, but you're looking brown, this I do not approve of! (Purely because I'm jealous)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...