Friday 16 December 2011

The Time of my Life

Book number 40 in the 100+ Reading Challenge (Yeah, I'm not going to reach 100 before the 31st!)

The time of my life
by Cecelia Ahern

Outer back cover: Lying on Lucy Silchester's carpet one day when she returns from work is a gold envelope. Inside is an invitation - to a meeting with Life. Her life. It turns out she's been ignoring it and it needs to meet with her face to face.
It sounds peculiar, but Lucy's heard of this before. Anyway, she can't make the date: she's much too busy despising her job, lying to her friends and avoiding her family.
It turns out that Lucy's life isn't what it seems. Some of the choices she's made - and stories she's told - aren't what they seem either. From the moment she meets the man who introduces himself as her life, some of these stubborn half-truths are going to be revealed in all their glory - unless she learns to tell the truth about what really matters to her.
Lucy Silchester has an appointment with her life - and she's going to have to keep it.

I love Cecelia Ahern, and this book was no exception. Her books really makes you want to keep reading, in the beginning to figure out what on earth she's on about and then later it just captures you and it's almost impossible to put down. I like how the things she writes about might not be real, but the way she writes it you can imagine that they are. Depending on how much of a realist you are of course.

This book really made me think. Lucy meets with her life, which is a separate person from her. He looks horrible, because Lucy's life is horrible, she just can't see it. I wonder what my life would look like. It also made me think about how dangerous even small lies can be. They really do snowball. Not that I tell many lies, but the way Lucy was and had to deal with it all just made me not want to tell lies even more.

My favourite character was Lucy's neighbour. I don't want to give anything away but she was such an interesting character and it was sad to read about her, but at the same time I would love to read a book just about what she was going through.

Another truly amazing book by Cecelia Ahern! I could definitely imagine this as a movie (although I would probably never be happy with the movie as they're never as good as the books), it would actually be really interesting to see as a movie! Hey movie-makers! Make a movie out of this book! A good one!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...