Sunday 12 September 2010

One step closer

I have now gotten an application form for Griffith University. It's 4 pages long! I've got about 50 questions for KILROY on how to fill it out, but at least I've got an application form. I'm already looking forward to having sent it in, after that I should get a reply in 4-6 weeks. Seeing as I don't want to start until July, if I don't get into Griffith I should have time to apply for another university. But I'm crossing my fingers for Griffith.

I was watching this new program on telly last night, where 3 families get sent to 3 different parts of the word, not knowing before they go where they would end up. One family was sent to the Hamer People in Ethiopia, one to the Gobi Desert of Mongolia and the last to the island group of Vanuatu. As it was the first episode last night we didn't really see much of what happened when they arrived except for the greeting of the locals. 

Just imagine! How cool would it be, to just get sent somewhere you've never been, not knowing where you're going. To meet a completely new culture. It would be hard to understand each other, but what a great experience it would be! I'd love to do something like that!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...