Saturday 14 May 2011

M is for...


Manic Friday!

I'm republishing this post I wrote yesterday as something weird happened and L got published after M, even though I published L on Thursday...

My sister is having her confirmation tomorrow. My mother has had the day off work so that she could try and get things ready. I think everything is finally ready for tomorrow.

Some of our family that I've not seen in years are coming, so I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow.

And of course there'll be LOADS of cake!! Yum!

Up here we never think it's enough cake. Family members and friends all bake cakes for big occasions, and we never think there's enough to feed everyone. In my confirmation I think there were about 20 people and 13 cakes... That's more than half a cake per person!

When my dad got married for the second time, it was down south, outside of Oslo, as that's where her family was from. There were quite a lot of guests and somewhere around 10 cakes, it might actually have been "only" 6 or 7... I can't remember, and I don't have a "proper" picture of the cake table. Anyway. Her family thought there were far too many cakes, while my dad's family didn't think there was enough.

There was cake left over. Loads. There always is...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...