Wednesday 25 May 2011

Y is for...

York.

If you ever visit the UK, or if you already live there, be sure to visit York. It's such a beautiful city. I went there a few times when I lived in England. I just love the old buildings, the narrow streets and the cute little shops. It's also one of the few places in the UK where they sell salt liquorice.

I would love to go back one day, just to see the inside of York Minster, as I never got around to that.

Here are some pictures from the first time I visited York, in 2007. I was looking through my photos yesterday, and it seems this was the only time I actually took any!




 Is it just me or does it look like that house is smiling?



2 comments:

Felicity Grace Terry said...

Lucky to live only an hours train drive away we often visit York.

Historical and with great shops - I love The Shambles which of course combines the two. AS for York Minster, not nearly as beautiful as Durham Cathedral. If ever you get to visit this part of the world again you must let me know.

Leslie said...

I would love to visit there!!!!! One of these days I will make it across the ocean!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...