Tuesday 28 February 2012

Only for 2 weeks...!

I'm going back to the family I au paired for for a couple of weeks. The new au pair that they got, R, is heading back to New Zealand. She bought a house. Probably with her boyfriend. R feels awful about leaving the au pair family, but I guess these things just happens sometimes.

So The Mother asked if I could come back, just for 2 weeks. I don't really want to do it, but it's only for two weeks and at least I'll be earning some money, and also I don't have to share a bedroom with anybody else for a couple of weeks. That's my favourite part. It's also going to be nice to be able to hang my clothes up even if it's just for a short time, and having my own bathroom... And not having to pay for accommodation is going to be VERY nice.

I might spend the money I am getting these two weeks to go up to the Withsundays, or down to Adelaide and Perth. I've not quite decided yet. But I will spend it on going somewhere new!

It will also be interesting to see how it goes with my vegetarianism when living with carnivores. I think I'll just make one meal for the kids and another for me, or depending on what I make I'll just make a meat-free version for myself.

1 comment:

Felicity Grace Terry said...

Its quite easy to adapt some meals so that they can be enjoyed by both vegetarians and meat eaters. Pasta is particularly good for this as is rice as you can make a veggie version and then add meat which saves you having to make two completely seperate meals.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...