Saturday 10 March 2012

The Wicked, Wicked Ladies in the Haunted House

Part of the What's in a Name challenge for 2012, and also a BookCrossing book.

The Wicked, Wicked Ladies in the Haunted House
By: Mary Chase

Outer back cover: Alone in the dark spooky house, Maureen stares in horror at the pictures on the wall.
Those wicked ladies - they've moved!
"People in pictures can't move," she tells herself wildly. Slowly she reaches out to touch a painted skirt - and her fingertips feel silk!


A book aimed at older children to scare them into being good. It was very short, I finished it in a couple of hours, but it was okay. I would have loved it when I was younger but now I felt it was a bit too childish in a way. It was still slightly scary though.


1 comment:

Felicity Grace Terry said...

A shame you found this a bit too childish, I know I liked the sound of it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...