Friday 8 June 2012

Holiday?

It's been 10 years since I moved from Oslo after having lived there for 5 years. In those 10 years I've only been to Oslo a handful of times. Only holidays. Coming here again feels like a holiday...

Since my mum and dad got divorced almost 10 years ago I've only lived with my mum. I've never lived with my dad, just visited. That's another thing that makes this whole thing feel like a holiday. It doesn't feel quite real that I'm actually going to live here now, maybe for a whole year.

It's the first time I've seen my dad's flat. And met his new girlfriend. The flat is small. The girlfriend seems nice.

I'm not quite comfortable here yet. But I've only been here a few hours. I'm sure it will feel a bit more like home once I've been here a few days. It's like when I've been an au pair.... I'm very aware that it's someone else's house in the beginning, but as time goes along and I get used to the idea of living there I manage to make myself more at home.

My dad is going to show me the way he usually walks to work one of these days, that way I can walk to and from wherever I get a job, at least in the beginning, so that I can save some money. There is a food shop right around the corner from the flat as well, it would be handy if they need someone to work there... I'll have a look at what options there are nearby in the next few days.

This is my suitcase by the way, I'm looking forward to travelling even more and get more stickers on it!
 


1 comment:

Melissa said...

So what did customs think of your "Nimbin" sticker? ;)

In all seriousness, that's an awesome collection.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...