Tuesday 13 November 2012

Avalon House Dublin

While I was in Dublin I stayed in a hostel called Avalon House.

The location of the hostel was really good, it was close to everything, and the bus from the airport stopped right outside. It was also right next door to the church where St. Valentine is buried!

The staff was friendly but they didn't really give me any information when I checked in about where anything was, like the kitchen, bathroom common-room etc.

The beds in the dorm was REALLY creaky, I know I didn't get a single good nights sleep while I was there and I doubt that anyone else did as well. And not only were the beds really creaky, the mattresses were really thin as well, my back was killing me as soon as I woke up.

There were windows over the doors so that even when you turned the light off the light from the hallway would illuminate the room a bit, which was nice as it meant I could find my stuff in the mornings without having to turn the light on and wake up the rest of the people in the dorm.

The bathrooms were shared male and female, but at least the showers were fairly big and there were hooks to hang your stuff on when you took a shower, so it's not like I had to go in there in only a towel or anything.

Breakfast was included which was really nice. It was just some cereals and toast, but it's better than nothing.

There was also free WiFi and some computers that we could use. And you had to have a key card to get in as well as 24 hour reception so it did feel secure.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...