Monday 12 November 2012

Dublin 30.10.12

When I walked out this morning I had planned to just wander around for a bit before going to see the Book of Kells, but when I got to the crossing outside Trinity College there was one girl pushing another girl in a wheelchair, the girl pushing only had one good arm and so she asked me to push the wheelchair for her. I thought she meant just across the street and agreed but it turned out she wanted me to push it all the way to where they were going. I didn't have anywhere else I needed to do so of course I helped, I got to see a part of Trinity College that I guess most tourists doesn't see, it's a lot bigger than what I though. I had no idea where I was when we got to where they needed to be, but at least I remembered my way back.


The Book of Kells was good. It's really impressive, the amount of detail to the work, and how well its kept in all these years. However, to be honest I was more impressed by the Old Library. I wasn't allowed to take pictures of either, but if you're ever in Dublin you HAVE TO go see the library. It's just like a library should be, bark but open and spacious and smelling of old books, I would love to just sit in there with a good book to read.

I bought a ticket on a hop-on hop-off bus. The guide on the bus I took didn't use the pre-recorded track but was talking himself. He was really knowledgeable and funny, so it was really good that his microphone was good as well.

I hopped off the bus at Kilmainham Gaol. They only did guided tours, which was good as it would have been very easy to get lost in there. The guide knew a lot but it sounded like she was reading off a script, maybe she was new or it was just her way of remembering all the information, because let's be honest, guides have to remember quite a lot!





No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...