Wednesday 15 June 2011

#15 - Chocolate (plus recipe)

I made cupcakes with chocolate icing today!
30 Days Photographic Challenge

So I figured I should use my new cupcake cups today. I found the recipe for cupcakes here, it's in Norwegian so I've translated it and you can find it further down this post.

One batch makes 12 (small) cupcakes. I made two batches, one plain one, and one with chocolate. I only needed to make one batch of icing/frosting (what's the difference? American vs. English?) though, and there was even some left. But that might be because I didn't put a very thick layer on...

Cupcakes:
100g butter
100g sugar
3 eggs
150g flour
1ts baking soda
0.5dl milk or orange juice ( I used milk)

Cream butter and sugar. Add the eggs one by one. Mix flour and baking soda. Add the dry and the milk alternately while stirring.
If you want Chocolate cupcakes, substitute 4tbs of the flour with cocoa powder.
Bake in the middle of the oven at 175 degrees (Celsius) for about 20 minutes (depending on how strong your oven is, I had to cook mine 5 minutes longer)

Icing (buttercream):
250g room temperature butter or margarine
250g icing sugar
3-4tbs cocoa powder (if you want a chocolate one)
1 egg

Cream butter and sugar. Add the cocoa powder. Add the egg and stir until thoroughly mixed.

Plain Batter
Before going in the oven...
Nice and golden after
Chocolate batter
I wouldn't mind just eating them like this...
Making the chocolate icing
Something's still missing...
Cupcakes!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...