Sunday 27 March 2011

Dancing on the ceiling!

I've been granted a working holiday visa to Australia!!! And I've booked my plane ticket!

So, yeah, I'm not going to study after all. I don't know what I want to do with my life, so paying loads of money for an education I'm not even sure I'm going to use seems a bit wasted. But on my WH visa I can study for 3 months, so I guess if I find a short course I want to do I can do that. Anyway, I'm going to Australia! It's actually happening!

I'm not sure if I should just bring a backpack, or a smallish suitcase. A backpack would probably be easier in a way I guess. I just need to find out what to pack (dreading that). Maybe I'll have to buy a new backpack, as the one I've got isn't very big... I'll have to think about that and see. I don't pack much compared to many girls, but it's still going to be hard to decide what I'm going to "need" and not.

I'm thinking about finding a job before I go there, like as an au pair or something, because then at least I have a job to start with, and then I guess it will be easier to find the next place to go and the next job when I'm there.

I'm getting 4 nights free at a hostel in Sydney when I arrive in Australia, and I also get a trip to Blue Mountains. It's all booked through Kilroy travels. I'm also thinking about getting a bus pass, so that I can just jump on a bus and go wherever I want to go. I almost wish I had a licence so that I could just rent a car and drive myself, but I guess this way is better for the environment and also I might meet some cool people, and it's probably cheaper as well, since I don't have to pay for the rent of a car and gas money and stuff, and I don't have to get a ridiculously expensive licence.

I'm really excited right now, and I'm looking forward to July which is when I go.

Anyone got any suggestions to where I should go and what I should do while I'm in Australia, or what I should pack?

Obviously I've already decided I'm going to see Uluru and dive into the Great Barrier Reef.

4 comments:

Felicity Grace Terry said...

How exciting - I hope you will keep us up to date with what you have decided. I know that koalas would be top of my to do list if we were ever to go to Australia.

Unknown said...

Oh yes, I would love to see koalas, kangaroos and maybe a platypus. :)

That Dog Dancing Guy said...

Come to Melbourne sometime and we will go to my work (Healesville Sanctuary.)

All Australian animals and I can get you up close with some of them :D

Unknown said...

Just had a look at their website. I want to take the animals home with me! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...