Agree? Disagree? Let me know what you think. What are your favourite places in Australia?
- Central Market (cheap food)
- Old Adelaide Gaol
- Blackeby’s Old Sweet Shop
- Migration Museum
- Whitsunday Islands, but go for longer than just one day.
- Mt. Coot-tha lookout and botanical gardens
- South Bank
- Australia Zoo
- The lighthouse
- Great Barrier Reef, snorkelling is good, but if you can you should go diving and for more than just one day.
- Kuranda Scenic Railway
- Tjapukai Cultural Park
- Daintree Rainforest, get some ice cream from the Daintree Ice Cream Company!
- Lovely city just to walk around in and see all the statues and monuments
- Mt. Ainslie, it’s pretty cool how you can see how the city is laid out from up there.
- Chinese Temple
- The termite mounds, just the size of them is really impressive!
- Mindil Beach Sunset Markets, they are on a Thursday and Sunday night during the dry season.
- Lake McKenzie
- The pinnacles
- It’s a personal choice, depending on what you want to see, if you want to go just for a day, which is what I did and thought was enough, or more.
- Mt. Wellington
- Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary, or somewhere else where you can see the Tasmanian devil
- Port Arthur (I didn’t get to go inside, but I wish I had)
- Salamanca Market
- St. Kilda, for Luna park and the penguins in the evening
- Great Ocean Road
- Just take a walk around the city and look at the street art
- Clock tower, don’t necessarily go in, just see it
- King’s gardens
- Freemantle Prison
- Koala Sanctuary
- The painted rocks along the esplanade
- The Opera House
- Fireworks at Darling Harbour at least once (Awesome on Australia Day)
- Bondi Beach , if you go during winter it’s not too busy
- Harbour Bridge
- Go to Manly and laugh yourself silly because of how they use the name
- Kata Tjuta, everybody seems to focus on Uluru, but the Kata Tjutas are definitely worth a visit as well!