Monday 15 August 2011

Peanut butter chocolate brownies

I tried a recipe Samaiyyah Abidah told me about today: Peanut butter chocolate brownies. You can find the recipe here (Stonesoup).

I used regular wheat flour when I made them as I didn't want to go out and buy special flour just for this recipe. Again I forgot to take pictures as I was mixing all the ingredients, I remembered just as I put it in the tin.
I wrote the recipe down so I wouldn't need to bring the laptop in the kitchen...
Licking the bowl is my favourite thing to do when I'm cooking!
The mixture was really thick and I had some trouble spreading it out in the tin. I though it would "melt" and get more runny when it went in the oven but it didn't (luckily I did spread it out a bit).
Just spread out...
I left it in for a bit longer than the recipe said, at first because it wasn't done, and then I forgot about it (Ooops...) but luckily it didn't burn, just was a bit hard wen we were going to eat it later this evening.
Just out of the oven!
The end result was very nice if I may say so myself, but it was also really rich, I think instead of only dividing the whole thing between 5 people, I could have saved some for later!

As always: If you've got any ideas for things I can cook, just leave a suggestion in the comments below!

2 comments:

Felicity Grace Terry said...

Mmmmmmm, yummy.

Sumaiyyah said...

I think the brownies looks yummy! I'm guessing you used crunchy peanut butter- I just used smooth PB because that was the only thing I had on hand.

Most of the brownie or blondie recipes that I've tried have really thick mixtures, so I suppose it's normal, I guess that's why they're a lot denser that normal cakes.

I normally run back and forth from my laptop to the kitchen to look at recipes while baking hehe

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...