Thursday 4 August 2011

You drive me crazy

Book number 15 in the 100+ reading challenge.

You drive me crazy
by Carole Matthews

Outer back cover: The last place Anna Terry expects to fall in love is in the waiting room of her divorce lawyer's office. But that's where she meets Nick Diamond and Cupid's arrow strikes. If only they were in the mood...
Anna's had more than her fair share of heartache. Her first marriage ended before her pregnancy was over, and her second husband has disappeared, leaving her with a two-year-old son, a pre-pubescent daughter and not a penny to her name.
Nick's luck hasn't been any better: his wife has run off with the local butcher - which wouldn't be so bad if she wasn't a vegetarian! His second hand car dealership is in chaos and his mother is sure that line-dancing will mend his 'Achy Breaky Heart'.
When Anna gets a job as Nick's secretary, what starts as a mild flirtation soon accelerates into overdrive - but that's before their ex-partners show up and they're all in for a bumpy ride.

Another book I found in my host family's book case, nice and pink. I really enjoyed this book.

I thought this book would be like standard chick-lit, but I found that this book made me think a lot more that other books in that genre. It was really interesting to read about all the types of broken marriages and what the people in them did. It made me wonder about what I would do if I got into the situation the characters in the book did, as they are very real situations.

Because of the situations the characters got into in the book I wasn't sure of how the book would end, which I kind of enjoyed. My favorite part of the book was when Anna and Nick went to a business lunch with a very important client, loads of what happened was just silly and I doubt it would happen in real life, but it was still fun to read.

My favorite character was Anna's friend Sophie. Her personality was funny, but also I really enjoyed reading about her broken marriage and what she did and how she dealt with everything, I could gladly have read a book just about her story.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...