Tuesday 30 August 2011

Specified work

As I have written before, I need to work in a regional area of Australia as well as do some specified work in the regional area to be eligible for a second working holiday visa.

Kevin very kindly told me he could check up on whether there was some work at his father and brother's caravan parks which are in NT. I thought it sounded great and I was about to say yes please when I thought maybe I should check if it was accepted or not with the Australian government. So I called the number provided on their website just to ask what kind of work would be accepted as specified work.

Harvesting.

That's pretty much all the lady told me. She wasn't really very helpful, she just kept asking what kind of job I was looking for and where I was, when my first question was "WHAT kind of jobs will be accepted as specified work?". But she did tell me that I should call them as soon as I was actually looking for a job since of course the harvesting is seasonal and depending on weather conditions etc, so I might just get a week of work and then a long time off, so it will be difficult to get a full three months worth of work in three months.... Oh well, I can't start yet anyway.

But I did have a closer look tonight at what kind of jobs I can get that will be accepted as specified work here, and I guess harvesting and/or packing of fruit and veggies really is my best option.... Anyone know of somewhere that might need a hand in February/March and onward?

2 comments:

Sumaiyyah said...

I'm sorry I can't help you but I wish you luck and hope you find a job that works for you :)

Felicity Grace Terry said...

It all sounds very complicated. Good luck in finding something, I look forward to hearing your latest news.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...