Wednesday 24 August 2011

3 books in one go...

Books number 19, 20 and 21 in the 100+ Reading Challenge. If you think I read these just to get some books in the challenge a bit quicker, you'd be right!


Trafalgar True
by Stephen Cosgrove

The book is about a dragon, Trafalgar True, who lives in a country called Kurium. Trafalgar likes to just sit and observe what's going on around him. One day a piece from the sun falls into the meadow and the creatures there start arguing which Trafalgar doesn't like.

Really cute book about learning to share. I did actually at one point think: Oh no!

Possum Magic
by Mem Fox

An Australian children's book about a possum who's been made invisible by his grandmother. When he wants to be visible again his grandmother doesn't know how to do it, and so they travel all around Australia to find something to make him visible.

Another cute kiddies book, it also made me want to try the food that was featured in it!

The Velveteen Rabbit
by Maggie Downer

Outer back cover: This classic story of how a toy becomes Real, is retold with beautiful illustrations and a soft-to-touch Velveteen Rabbit. Young children are sure to enjoy petting this cute toy and hearing how the power of love turns him into a Real rabbit!

This was the only book of the three that I'd actually heard about as it's mentioned a lot in American and English films, tv-series and sometimes books. This was just retold with pictures, I don't know if they'd shortened it or anything, so I would love to read the "original" one day. It's a really nice story and I can understand why it's so popular!

2 comments:

That Dog Dancing Guy said...

Possum magic is definitely one of our best childrens books out there :)

I still remember it from when I was a kid..

We got Luna a possum magic baby book :D

Felicity Grace Terry said...

Great choices ..... if only I wasn't so upset at the thought of The Velveteen Rabbit being retold. One of my all time favourite books, I cannot even begin to understand the need for this - after all if it isn't broken, why fix it? That said I now feel compelled to read it just to see what the author has done with the story.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...