Thursday 8 September 2011

2-4-6-8-Cake!

Made another cake yesterday. We didn't have many ingredients in so I had to find a simple recipe, and I found one here. I made the chocolate one, it was a bit tasteless, so I thought I should probably make an icing with loads of flavor.
I then remembered my favourite icing, which has got coffee and chocolate in it, and luckily I managed to find it online, here. It's in Norwegian, so I'll translate it for you in case you want to try it.

Icing with cocoa, icing sugar, coffee and butter:
115g butter
1tbs hot espresso coffee (or 1/2 ts instant coffee mixed with 1tbs hot water)
225g icing sugar
1 1/4tbs cocoa
1 1/2ts vanilla essence

Melt butter in a small pan on the hob
Add the the coffee, icing sugar, cocoa and vanilla essence (with the pan still on the hob)
Mix thoroughly until smooth.

I don't know if I did something wrong or not with the icing as I got some liquid on top of the icing, but I just poured that off before I put the icing on the cake. The icing was almost better than I remember it! The Girl didn't like it, which might be just as well since it has coffee in it, but that just means more for me! Just be aware if your make this that it's very sweet, because of all the icing sugar.

1 comment:

Felicity Grace Terry said...

Chocolate cake .... my favourite.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...