Saturday 24 September 2011

Surfing.

I had my first surfing lesson today.

It was down at the Gold Coast, so I had to get up at 4am this morning! Just wearing boardies and a t-shirt that early was a bit chilly. Since I got the first train of the day I thought there would maybe be some drunkards from last night on the train, but I didn't see any.

I managed to get to main beach where the surfing lesson was to be held early, so I just had some chips and sat on the beach watching the world go by.
We weren't a very big group that was surfing this morning, which was good as we all got a bit more time with the instructors and we didn't get in each others way as much as we would have been if the group was bigger, we still got in each others way a lot though.

I quite enjoyed learning to surf, it was fun. Even though I spent most of my time falling off the board. And I didn't manage to stand up once. I don't think I did too bad for it to be my first time though. Saying that, I don't think I'll do it again. It was fun, but I don't want to pay to do it again.

After my surf lesson I checked into my hostel and then went back down to the beach. And I got sunburned!! I wore 30+ sun cream, and I got sunburned!!

Now I'm looking forward to tomorrow's trip to stradbroke island.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

hope that your sunburn feels better .. lots of aloe will help.
I have never tried surfing.. bet it is fun.

Look Mummy No Hands said...

Glad you're doing some beachy things - as you're not that far from the water. I have a couple of friends who've had the surfing lesson and I only know of one who stood up the first lesson. Keep going, Lilly.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...