Saturday 17 September 2011

The Vanishings

My 33rd book in the 100+ Reading Challenge.

The Vanishings
By Michael Panckridge.

Outer back cover: A sea of pale frightened faces stared out the window of the train carriage. Fingers clawed at the glass. A moment later the train was gone.
Fran's twin sister Carli has vanished. Everyone thinks she has run away. But they don't know what Fran knows. They don't know about the unscheduled train that passes through the derelict Batesford Station. And they don't know about all those frightened faces. Fran knows is she is ever to see her twin sister again, it is up to her. But how can she find the place this frightening train comes from? And will she ever make it back home?

Another book I found at the school book fair, I bought it because I was intrigued by the title. Like Wood Angel it was a "young" book, but more suitable for older readers as well. In my eyes anyway.

The book was scary at times and also very exciting. I liked the story as a whole and I think it would be very good as a movie. Even though I figured out a major detail when I was only on page 29, I still didn't know how the book would end, and when it got there I was slightly disappointed at first, but I also think it's a good ending.

Although the ending kind of explained it, I still think certain things could be "explained" a bit better and gone into more detail.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...