Friday 30 September 2011

London, America and the police.

I'm thinking about maybe moving to London.

I mean, I'm still staying here in Australia until my visa expires in July, hopefully. But for some reason I don't want to move here and live here for the rest of my life, but I wanted to do that when I lived in England (I left because I wanted to travel more first). Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Australia, especially the weather, but not as much as I loved England. Not yet anyway.

I also want to go to America before an eventual move to London. But I only want to go to America for a long holiday kind of thing. I don't know how long a holiday visa lasts in America, but I'm hoping for at least 3 months. My friend Anne and I are already talking about a road-trip for when I go over there. And I've also talked about meeting up with another friend (that I met in Sydney) in Hawaii, or going there together.

But yeah, London. I don't know why London, as I don't actually normally like big cities, maybe a I'll choose a different UK town, but London would be easiest.

When I lived in England i kind of wanted to get a job at a hospital or police station, not just because of the good looking doctors and police-officers but you know, that helped.

I started thinking about working in a police station again today. I don't want to be a police-officer or anything, that's way too scary, but maybe get a job in a research or administration position. Support staff in other words. So that I can help out without risking my life. When I say it like that it kind of sounds a bit selfish. I think that's one reason for my attraction to police-officers, they risk their own lives on a daily basis so that we can be safe!

So at the minute I'm looking at what kind of positions there is at a police station, and which ones I think seem interesting. I was thinking that when I "finish" with Australia and America then I could maybe start studying to do one of those positions, if I find one that sounds interesting. Maybe study for it in the UK so that I know that the studies will be approved there.

But, like I said, I've got plenty of time. I'll probably change my mind about it. Or if I decide to stay in Australia then of course I could just study for it and get a job here!

I think part of the reason for me still liking the UK so much is because it's free to go to the doctors there. For someone like me, that can't really be bothered to go to the doctors, the fact that it's free makes me go where there might be something wrong. It's also a place I wanted to go to for about 10 years before I actually went, and since I wasn't disappointed when I finally went there it just made me love it even more.

There is also a LOT of the UK that I haven't seen. I think I wan't as "stressed" about exploring the UK because I could stay there for as long as I wanted, and even if I did go back to Norway it's only a 2-hour flight away.

So, anybody know of any good support staff jobs?

1 comment:

Felicity Grace Terry said...

Don't move to London ...... move here to Newcastle Upon Tyne. We are a city though much smaller than London and the natives are so much more friendly.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...