Wednesday 7 September 2011

Dr. Seuss

Books numbers 24, 25, 26, 27 and 28 in the 100+ Reading Challenge.

I have heard a lot about Dr. Seuss through English and American films, tv-programs and books, but I have never actually read any of his books. So when I today found a few of them in The Girl's room I thought I'd borrow them.

The books I read was: Green Eggs and Ham, Fox in Socks, The Cat in the Hat, The Cat in the Hat Comes Back and Dr. Seuss ABC.

I quite enjoyed most of them. They were written in a funny way and I can understand why they're so popular, I also liked how I got into a kind of rhythm as I was reading the books, and how you learn something in most of them. I would love to read the rest of the Dr. Seuss books, especially How the Grinch Stole Christmas.

The only one I didn't really enjoy as much was The Cat in the Hat Comes Back, I can't really put my finger on why though, maybe saying the letters in the alphabet so many times wore me out? Haha.

My favourite of the 5 was probably Green Eggs and Ham, but the funniest I think was Fox in Socks, although I was stumbling through it as I was reading out loud for The Boy, but that was part of the fun bit, trying to say it all.




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...