Sunday 11 September 2011

Wood Angel

Book number 29 in the 100+ Reading Challenge

Wood Angel
by Erin Bow

Outer back cover: Kate lives in a time afraid of magic.
Alone in the world with only her cat Taggle for company, she makes "lucky" wooden charms to sell, although her unusual gift marks her out in a place where witches are still burned.
When Kate's village falls on bad times, she's accused of practising dark magic. Scared for her life, she turns to a stranger. But he has a plan more dangerous than she could ever have dreamed.
It's up to Kate to carve good out of evil.

I found this book at a book fair at The Girl's school.

I was a bit worried that it would be a bit too "young" for me, which wouldn't really have been that strange since I found it in a school. And when I started reading it I knew it was a book I would have loved to read when I was a young teenager. Saying that though, I did enjoy reading it now. I never knew what was going to happen next in this book, which is why I enjoyed it, and I had no idea what was going to happen in the end.

I really enjoyed how Taggle, the cat, was portrayed, he was probably my favorite character.

The book had some slow parts, and some really exciting parts, but even during the slow parts I didn't really want to put the book down because I wanted to know what was going to happen.

1 comment:

Felicity Grace Terry said...

I think I'd enjoy this one as well as as old as I am I still sometimes enjoy the simplicity of books aimed at much younger readers ..... plus the cat sounds like a great character, thanks for the recommendation.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...